|Dep. Maierleibnitzstr||08:17||(Meet at bus-stop or on bus 293)|
|Arr. Hauptbahnhof||09:00||(Meet under departure board, platforms 25-26)|
|Arr. Bad Tölz||10:24|
Hike start point
Hike map in other formats
- Come out of Bad Tölz Bahnhof (657m), and cross over the road and walk straight down the hill.
- Continue for 3Km into the centre of town, across the bridge, veering slightly to the right on the other side, and at the fork take the middle of the three paths.
- Go the right right of the ‘Residenz’ (a hotel?) and then take the path left, following sighs to Blomberg and Wackersberg-Alm.
- After about 1Km, turn left, passing under the 473 road and follow the road for 2Km to Sauersberg. (Do not take the footpaths to the left that lead to Wackersberg because the fork leading on to Blomberg is impossible to find.)
- Shortly after passing the Quellenwirt hütte (c.720m), turn right on to the footpath for Blomberghaus. (This is the Gustavsteig path, but it is not labelled as such.) Follow this path for 4Km to Blomberg Hütte (1203m).
- Head south-west for 2Km, staying on the ridge, past Kotlache, to Zwieselberg (1348m).
- Head 1Km west along the ridge to Stallauer-Kopf (1322m).
- Head 2Km north along the ridge to Stallauer Eck (1216m).
- Then go 11Km east, at first following signs for Bad Heilbrunn, then Obersteinbach and then Bichl, gradually coming down to Bichl Bahnhof (622m).
Hike end point
We will eat somewhere in Bichl. (Please try to make it for the meal – it’s the best part of the day!)
- If you want to share a group ticket let me know!
- You should definitely check the weather!
- For my peace of mind, some conditions apply!