|Dep. Maierleibnitzstr||08:12||(Meet at bus-stop or on bus 293)|
|Arr. Hauptbahnhof||09:00||(Meet under departure board, platforms 25-26)|
Hike start point
Hike map in other formats
- From Fischbachau (775m) 4Km south going up the Aurachtal forest path to Benzingalm (c.1450m).
- Follow the path up the back of Benzingalm for 600m, up to the ridge (c.1600m) between Benzingalm and Jägerbaueralm.
- Then for 2 Km, follow the south-westerly path (not the Nord Grad path directly up Jägerkamp) under Jägerkamp and then double back south and then east along the Lochgrabenschneid ridge to Jägerkamp (1746m).
- Then head south-east for 2Km along the fairly level path to Rauhkopf (1689m) (not along the descending path to Schönfeldalm).
- Then descend rapidly over 1Km through woodland to the Taubenstein lift station (c.1600m).
- Then follow the gravel path north-east which descends over 8Km to Osterhofen (780m).
Hike end point
We’ll eat somewhere in Osterhofen. (Please try to make it for the meal – it’s the best part of the day!)
- If you want to share a group ticket let me know!
- You should definitely check the weather!
- For my peace of mind, some conditions apply!