|Dep. Alte Heide||08:12||(via Marienplatz)|
|Meet Hauptbahnhof||08:30||(Meet under departure board, platforms 25-26)|
|Dep. Hauptbahnhof||08:47||(gleis 5)|
|Dep. Rosenheim||09:35||(gleis 7)|
Hike start point
Hike map in other formats
- Turn left out of Flintsbach Bahnhof (c.480m) and walk 1Km along Innstraße, on the other side of the main road take Maiwandstraße, then Petersbergweg and Astenweg.
- Follow the path up in the direction of Hohen Asten for about 500m and then, instead of staying on the road, take the unsigned right turning.
- For 6Km follow the signs to Hohen Asten (1104m).
- Just before the hutte, take the right turn for Riesenkopf, which stays level and goes anticlockwise round Asten for about 2Km to Riesenkopf-Alm (1176m).
- About 50m before the right turn to Grosse Riesenkopf, there is a stile on the left side without a sign; this is the path to Rehleitenkopf.
- Cross the stile and walk 1Km up Rehleitenkopf. There is not really a proper path, but cross the stream and stay on the right-hand side of it. At the top there is a plateau with a fence along it. There is an unsigned stile across the fence leading into a small wood. This is the path to the Gipfel.
- Walk through the wood for 200m and you will emerge only 50m from the Gipfelkreuz (1338m). After visiting the cross, return through the wood the way you came.
- The path south down Rehleitenkopf is not well marked. Walk down 500m; try to stay on the top of the rounded ridge that leads down to a field and some woodland with a fence in front of them.
- Go through the gap in the fence and then stay close to the fence on the right-hand side of field. At the back of this field is a stile. Cross the stile and follow the much better path down 1Km to where to Rehleitenkopf path rejoins the Asten path (c.1230m).
- Follow this path down for 3Km, in the direction away from Asten. There are several places where it is not clear which fork to take; look for the red spots on the trees and take that path. This should eventually bring you to Regauer Hochalm (c.1100m), where a few paths converge.
- From here, there is a small path, signed, leading to Bichlersee. Follow this path for 4Km to Bichlersee (c.1000m). If you see a sign to Kirnstein then you have just missed a right turn to Bichersee! Beware on this last 500m; there is a narrow section with a rope to hold onto, which should probably not be attempted in snow.
- At Bichlersee, the path down to valley to Oberaudorf should be off to the left, i.e. just a quarter of the way round the lake. Instead walk half way round the lake and take follow the signs from there, which is much clearer.
- Walk down the road about 2Km past the Bichlersee Hutte to the left turning which is sign-posted to Grauer Stein and take this path.
- Then walk a further 5Km down to Oberaudorf (482m).
Hike end point
We will eat at somewhere in Oberaudorf. (Please try to make it for the meal – it’s the best part of the day!)
|Dep. Rosenheim||17:30||18:39||19:30||20:38||21:31||22:31||(gleis 1)|
- If you want to share a group ticket let me know!
- You should definitely check the weather!
- For my peace of mind, some conditions apply!